A Call to Arms

I've been remiss in my updates. It's nothing personal, I've just been so distraught over the beginning of UVA's football season that I can't think straight. Well, not really, but I have no good excuse for what I've been doing. I saw the doctor on Thursday and she pronounced me finally infection free. She also told me I could stop wearing the horrid strap that had been my companion during all waking hours as long as I continued to massage the implant to prevent the formation of scar tissue. Deal!

In three to six months, she'll do some "editing" to the scars. This will be in the office under a local and she'll primarily be focused on removing the holes that she had to put back in when the infection set in. There's also a little skin "bubble" that she'll take out then as well. In spite of these edits, I'm pretty pleased with how thing have turned out. The incisions are still red and angry, but I know that this will change with time. Heck, it's only been a month.

I go back on October 8 and I'll fill you in on that then.

In other news, I've hired a personal trainer. I realized that I have lost a lot of strength in my arms, mostly my right side, since the surgery. I have a really hard time vacuuming. I can pull it towards me okay, but the pushing it back out part of the motion is much harder than it should be. So tonight, I'll be meeting with the trainer at my gym and she'll set me up with a program designed to help get my arms back into shape and also help me drop the weight I've gained since treatment ended. If my arms are working tomorrow, I'll try to update you on the session.

Comments

Popular Posts