April Absurdity
April is making March's madness look tame. I know we're only about a week into the month, but it's been jam packed so far. My friend Anne is getting married in Charleston, SC at the end of April and the combination of a day off, a beach, and a beautiful bride is the light at the end of this tunnel.
I'm not sure I ever mentioned it here, but I earlier this year I got promoted at work. Thursday was my promotion dinner with the others on my team that also got promoted as well as the team leadership. It was a really nice evening and a wonderful celebration.
I wish I had been able to enjoy Thursday night a little more, but in reality I was stressing about Friday morning. Friday I took the Project Management Professional (PMP) exam. I've been studying for this for a while now, but the prospect of a four hour exam had me a little tightly wound all week. I even told Kristen that if she went into labor Thursday night, she was not allowed to tell me about it prior to my exam. Thankfully, I passed the exam. And didn't miss the birth of my niece, either. I am now a certified PMP. Hopefully with that behind me, I'll be able to start sleeping again.
Somewhere last week I found the time to be interviewed about my blog for bizymoms.com. You can read the interview here:
I suspect we'll be meeting Baby Claire in the next few days. I have provided her with a list of the meetings and events I'd really like to not have to attend, so hopefully she'll help Aunt Lissy out and time her arrival to coincide with at least one of them.
I'm not sure I ever mentioned it here, but I earlier this year I got promoted at work. Thursday was my promotion dinner with the others on my team that also got promoted as well as the team leadership. It was a really nice evening and a wonderful celebration.
I wish I had been able to enjoy Thursday night a little more, but in reality I was stressing about Friday morning. Friday I took the Project Management Professional (PMP) exam. I've been studying for this for a while now, but the prospect of a four hour exam had me a little tightly wound all week. I even told Kristen that if she went into labor Thursday night, she was not allowed to tell me about it prior to my exam. Thankfully, I passed the exam. And didn't miss the birth of my niece, either. I am now a certified PMP. Hopefully with that behind me, I'll be able to start sleeping again.
Somewhere last week I found the time to be interviewed about my blog for bizymoms.com. You can read the interview here:
![]() | |||||
| |||||
| Powered by Bizymoms Breast Cancer Information |
I suspect we'll be meeting Baby Claire in the next few days. I have provided her with a list of the meetings and events I'd really like to not have to attend, so hopefully she'll help Aunt Lissy out and time her arrival to coincide with at least one of them.



Comments
Great interview! I really enjoyed reading it. Very interesting and informative.