You Can Pick Your Friends, And You Can Pick Your Nose

BUT YOU CANNOT PICK YOUR NOSE ON THE METRO! I understand that every once in a while, everyone is going to pick their nose. But on the Metro? Seriously. I'd like to make this one of those unwritten Metro rules like 'stand to the right, walk on the left,' or 'when boarding a train, wait for the passengers to exit the car before you attempt to get in.' All seems like common sense, right?

After a brutal day at work, I finally got on the Orange line to head out to McLean to get my car and take my spot in the parking lot that is I66. I looked across the aisle and the man across from me was really digging for something. I made myself look away. A few stops later, I happened to glance over again. Still going for it. Clearly something was really bothering him and I began to wonder if someone had implanted a Total Recall style tracking device in his brain. I was just about to reach into my bag and give him a tissue when he got off the train.

Now that I'm out in Winchester, my tolerance for traffic and stupid people is a lot lower when I'm in DC one day a week. Before, it took a pretty nasty traffic jam to get me riled. Now, I get frustrated when I have to hit the breaks. Oh well, I guess it's time to go take up my spot alongside the rest of the road warriors and head back to the Valley, where people pick their noses in the privacy of their own home.

Comments

Popular Posts