Cancer Happy Hour, Take 2
Even though I had a horrible experience last time I tried to go to young survivors happy hour, I decided to give it another shot. I'm not really a support group kind of gal, but chatting over beer I can do. I have to say, even after my nasty email last time, they didn't really make themselves any easier to find. But I spotted a girl in a wig and a guy with chemo hair and figured that had to be them. I wonder if I would have noticed any of that a year ago. There were four people other than me, so it wasn't quite the turnout I was expecting, but it was nice to chat with people who get it. We chatted about how our friends reacted, how our employers reacted, dating, treatments, you name it. I'm getting to a spot where I'm over the whole cancer thing, so I wasn't even sure I wanted to go, but overall, I'm glad I did. It was great to meet some new people and know that I'm not alone in this whole thing. One of the girls is battling her fifth cancer; yup, since she was a child she has had five different kinds of cancer. After her first cancer as a child she was told she'd never have kids. She's got now got two healthy kids. That's the kind of thing I need hear about.

Comments
Thinking of you and hoping your spirits are high. Your blog has been a lot of fun and also, for me anyway, very moving. Thanks for sharing your day. I so look forward to checking in and reading about your reflections and descriptions of challenges and events you face.
Wondering if you shared your blog with the people you met tonight. :)
Take care and thinking of you every day!
Love, Suzan
I'm glad you went too, if for no other reason than to blot out a bit of the memory of the first attempt.