Overheard At The Mall

I spent a lot of time wandering around the mall this weekend looking for inspiration for Christmas gifts. The only thing I bought was a gingerbread latte and a birthday card. But there was great people watching, so I don't feel like it was time wasted.

Yesterday they had "Santa Paws" at the mall. This is when you can bring your pet to have his/her picture taken with Santa. Because you know he's got a list of things a mile long to ask for. Aside from watching all of the little yippy dogs in their best rhinestone collars sniff each others butt, it's entertaining to watch Santa's elves explain to the parent with five kids under the age of six why they can't have their picture taken with Santa for another three hours.

And then this conversation in Target... In the Christmas light aisle, a woman was picking up and reading the back of every box. I walked up, saw 100 white lights and grabbed the box.

Crazy lady: "Aren't you concerned about lead?"
Me: "Excuse me?"
Crazy lady: "These lights contain lead- aren't you worried about lead poisoning?"
What I wanted to say: "I'm going to hang them up, not chew on them."
What I said: "Nah, I've already beat cancer. A little lead poisoning doesn't scare me."

It was fun to watch her eyes pop out as I walked away. Seriously, if you want lead free lights, you might need to pay more than $1.84 a box.

Comments

Popular Posts