Yes, Virginia, There Is A Santa Claus

You'll have a hard time convincing the children on Cobb Court of it, though. Each year a couple of nights before Christmas, the Woodstock Fire Department drives Santa around town on top of a fire truck and he hands out candy canes. He started making his rounds yesterday at 5:30 and was supposed to be out until 9:00. We heard the sirens. They got closer, and they got further away. Then they got closer again. And further away. Once we even saw them at the top of the next hill. But they never turned down Cobb Court. While I was perhaps the oldest child awaiting Santa's arrival, I was not the only one. We even called down to the fire hall to ask them to make sure Santa stopped by since there were children waiting, but no one answered our message and Santa must not have gotten it in time. While I'm mad on behalf of all the other kids on our street, I'd really be mad if Jackson were a little older and had been disappointed because he didn't get to see Santa and the fire truck. I hope Santa won't forget about us tonight!

Comments

Popular Posts