Can You Wear A Purple Heart Just Because You Like Purple?
People amaze me. A woman that visits the same breast cancer message board that I do was talking with her neighbor about the upcoming Race for the Cure. The neighbor, not a breast cancer survivor, told the cancer survivor how she always wears her aunts hand-me-down pink race shirts to the race because "she just loves pink." For those of you that don't know, survivors are given pink shirts that say SURVIVOR to wear during the race so that they can be recognized, while everyone else gets a white shirt.
If given the choice, I'd really prefer to wear the white shirt. I just don't understand how someone, especially someone who clearly knows what the shirt means, would choose to pretend that they are a survivor. I hate to say I've earned the right to wear that shirt, but I have, and that shirt is not for posers.
Speaking of the Race for the Cure, the DC Race is coming up this weekend. So far we've raised over $3,500. If haven't given and would still like to do so, there's still time. Donate by clicking here Thank you to everyone who has supported our efforts.
If given the choice, I'd really prefer to wear the white shirt. I just don't understand how someone, especially someone who clearly knows what the shirt means, would choose to pretend that they are a survivor. I hate to say I've earned the right to wear that shirt, but I have, and that shirt is not for posers.
Speaking of the Race for the Cure, the DC Race is coming up this weekend. So far we've raised over $3,500. If haven't given and would still like to do so, there's still time. Donate by clicking here Thank you to everyone who has supported our efforts.

Comments