In My New House...
In my new house, when I walk out of the back door, I am greeted by the smell of honeysuckle. In my apartment, when I walked out of the back door, I was greeted by concrete and trash.
In my new house, my only unwanted visitors are the spider family. In my first DC apartment, a homeless family moved into our garage during the winter, and with their food scraps came rats.
From my new house, it takes me sixteen minutes to get to work. In DC, I was lucky to get there in under an hour.
There are a lot of things that we don't have out here in the Valley. Traffic. Trader Joe's. A decent mall. Some of them I'll miss, but someday we might get a Trader Joe's. They'll never get fresh air and trees.
In my new house, my only unwanted visitors are the spider family. In my first DC apartment, a homeless family moved into our garage during the winter, and with their food scraps came rats.
From my new house, it takes me sixteen minutes to get to work. In DC, I was lucky to get there in under an hour.
There are a lot of things that we don't have out here in the Valley. Traffic. Trader Joe's. A decent mall. Some of them I'll miss, but someday we might get a Trader Joe's. They'll never get fresh air and trees.

Comments