Come Out, Come Out Wherever You Are

One of the cool things about technology is that I can tell how many people visit my blog every day, how many of them are the same people checking it frequently, and where in the world they are visiting from. In June, I've had 1, 349 visits by 232 unique visitors from 5 continents. I find that interesting because I'm pretty sure everyone I know is currently on the same continent. And I don't know that I know 232 people. I think it's pretty neat that so many people have found the site and bother to read it! So I'd like to ask everyone who is reading to post a comment and introduce yourself, tell us where you're from and how you found my site. It can be done anonymously and without registering. Just click at the bottom of the post where it says "0 comments." If you select "anonymous" it won't require you to register. Type something in the box and then hit "publish your comment." It's that easy!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello! I'm Regina from Portugal. i live in Figueira da Foz, a beautiful city by the sea. I'm one of your friends who reads your blog almost everyday. I found it by chance, I mean, I was reading my son's blog, and clicked on "next blog". Guess what was next blog! It was YOUR blog, of course.
I found it very interesting because I've also been through the same problem. I did chemo, then my breast went away, I did chemo again and radiotherapy. Now I take a pill everyday, and thank's God I'm still here. Once I posted a comment on your blog. my cancer was discovered in April 2005. The mastectomy was in November and I finished all my treatments in May 2006. Sorry, I wrote too much!!! You can erase it...
I wish you the best luck.
gina-dias@hotmail.com
Oh! I forgot: on 29th this month I'll be 52. Not much, is it?
Anonymous said…
Hi Melissa-
I'm a teacher friend (at another school) of your mom's. I've been following your blog since the beginning, and of course, praying for you and your family. My best to you.
Patti
Anonymous said…
Hi Melissa:
It's Kate D. from PA. I don't think I need much of an intro, but, I have been reading your blog at least twice a week. Since my father told me of your condition I have wanted to keep up to speed with how you are doing. I am so proud of you and have no doubt you will continue to tackle any obstacle you may face.
Thank you for being so brave, witty, and hiliarious in your postings.
Keep well,
Kate
steph said…
I'm currently in Colorado Springs, but normally in Charlottesville. Thanks for posting regularly to keep us all up to date. I'm ecstatic to hear you are doing so well. Sorry I missed the walk in DC. I hoped to make it up but couldn't get out of town. Hopefully next year. love, steph
Anonymous said…
Hi. I'm Jennifer, a Hokie in Charlottesville. I found your blog by accident. One of my very best friends was diagnosed with BC in August of last year and has since had a double mastectomy and chemo. Reading your blog helps me to better understand what she's going through.
I went back and read all your archives. You are very strong--I admire the way you've dealt with this disease and its treatment.
As a side note, my grandparents used to live in Woodstock! Small world, eh?

Jennifer
tech_tech_vpi@earthlink.net
Anonymous said…
I'm Melissa's daddy from Woodstock, Virginia. Isn't she a peach!! I am so proud of her.
Kristen said…
I'm Melissa's about-to-be-born nephew, Jackson. Mommy reads this blog to me everyday. I can't wait to meet my Auntie Mel...Bald is beautiful!
Anonymous said…
Hi there Melissa, i'm Monica from Ottawa,Ks,it's 2011 now so i'm a little behind. I found your blog looking for breast cancer blogs. I have been overseen by a surgeon for the last six months for a lump she doesn't think is anything. Doesn't show up on mammo or us. But i go back in sept for the final appt. I'm going to try hard for her to biopsy it to make sure but so far she won't. I would just like a 100% answer that it's nothing and not that they think it's nothing. So thanx for putting your thoughts and feelings down for someone like me to read up on and possibly prepare for something ahead. I have a hard time getting it out of my head and really feel like it should not be there and it's not just breast tissue. But i'm not high risk and i'm only 32. My midwife found it when i was 31. But i have four kiddos and want to be safe. Thank you again!
Sue Cullum said…
Hi. I'm Sue from England. I am so enjoying your blog - its a real inspiration to have someone to concur with everything I'm going through. I was diagnosed last year, unluckily it had already spread to my spine and hips so there is no overall cure. Well I have had a year of spinal surgery, radiotherapy, lumpectomy and now have just had #2 of 6 chemo sessions. So your blog is extremely helpful to me as I am going through a similar thing. As this is early days in your blog and I have no idea where you are up to as yet - I can only say thanks and wish you the very best of health and happiness. .....Sue
Sue Cullum said…
Hi. I'm Sue from England. I am so enjoying your blog - its a real inspiration to have someone to concur with everything I'm going through. I was diagnosed last year, unluckily it had already spread to my spine and hips so there is no overall cure. Well I have had a year of spinal surgery, radiotherapy, lumpectomy and now have just had #2 of 6 chemo sessions. So your blog is extremely helpful to me as I am going through a similar thing. As this is early days in your blog and I have no idea where you are up to as yet - I can only say thanks and wish you the very best of health and happiness. .....Sue
Anonymous said…
Hi, I'm Damaris from New York City. Like many others, I stumbled upon your blog when browsing for breast cancer blogs. My 30 (almost 31 year-old) sister was recently diagnosed and in the hopes of increasing my understanding and knowing what to expect, I've been doing lots of online reading on breast cancer and your blog has been very helpful. Like the previous poster, I hope you are currently well. From the little I have read, I can tell what a strong and positive individual you are. All the best from NYC.
Anonymous said…
Hi, I'm Damaris from New York City. Like many others, I stumbled upon your blog when browsing for breast cancer blogs. My 30 (almost 31 year-old) sister was recently diagnosed and in the hopes of increasing my understanding and knowing what to expect, I've been doing lots of online reading on breast cancer and your blog has been very helpful. Like the previous poster, I hope you are currently well. From the little I have read, I can tell what a strong and positive individual you are. All the best from NYC.

Popular Posts