Happy Birthday To Me!

Today I turn the big 3-0! And I think I must be allergic to it, because I haven't stopped sneezing since I got up this morning.

This time last year, when I was thinking about turning 30, I felt like 30 was old. That there were things I wanted to do but hadn't yet and for some reason these things should have been done in my twenties. Then a doctor said, "You have cancer" and I thought, "But I'm so young!" Now when people ask me how I feel about my 30th, I just tell them I'm happy to be here. And I'll be happy to see every birthday that comes along for the next 70 years.

Tonight I'll be heading to the beach with Mom & Dad for the Memorial Day weekend and some much needed R&R in the sun and sand. We'll be coming back Tuesday, and I won't be blogging since the beach is a technology free zone! Have a great, and safe, Memorial Day holiday!

Comments

Debbie Northern said…
Happy birthday to you! The beach is the best place to be on a birthday weekend! Can't wait!
Love,
Mom
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday, Melissa!

It is hard to believe that 30 years ago today I was sittying in the lobby with Mrs. Gore.
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday!!!! Love you!
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday to you!!! I hope you have a fantastic time at the beach - what a great way to celebrate the day!
Anonymous said…
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!
have a happy day, a happy year and a lot of happy years... "And I'll be happy to see every birthday that comes along for the next 70 years", too.
best wishes..

Popular Posts