If You're Lucky Enough To Be At the Beach
I have never before willingly applied sunscreen with SPF50. And I may never again, even though I know it's good for your skin. But because some of the chemo drugs make me photosensitive, I wanted to be extra careful. So there isn't much of a tan from this trip, just a few more freckles. The beach itself wasn't terribly crowded even though it was Memorial Day, and the weather was wonderful.
I got a tattoo. On the back of my head. Of a turtle. As soon as I can figure out how to take a picture of the back of my head, I'll post a photo of it. Don't worry, it's just henna so it'll fade in a couple of weeks. I drew quite a crowd while I was getting it done. It's placed so it shows through the hole in my baseball cap.
Some highlights from the trip:
- Painter's Ice Cream no longer makes pineapple ice cream. Dad is so distraught he will never go to Painter's again.
- Atlantic Beach Bike Fest makes for great people watching. If I drove a motorcycle as recklessly as some of these people did, you can be sure I'd be wearing a helmet, law or not.
- The newly refurbished rest stop on I64 outside of Charlottesville has the turbo powered hand dryers Jill and I discovered in Boston last winter. Stop by and check them out.
I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon at 3:30 for my followup blood work. My counts better be through the roof after the shots I had with the last chemo. I think three chemos is enough and there is no need for the fourth. We'll see if I can get the doctor to agree to that. Somehow I don't think so. I'll have to post any update tomorrow because my cable modem died over the weekend and I won't have Internet access unless I can borrow someone's wireless long enough to post.

Comments