Social Butterfly
For me, the hardest thing about chemo is that it makes it difficult for me to do all of the things I want to do, when I want to do them. So I try to cram in all of my fun into the week right before chemo when I'm feeling almost normal again. Friday evening kicked off with a surprise baby shower for my sister Kristen thrown by the teachers at her school and spearheaded by her friend Leah. She really was surprised, and it was fun to see all of the cute baby items. Saturday morning my friend Cooley came up from Charlottesville and we visited over breakfast. Then I had ice cream in the afternoon with my friend Margaret. That was followed by a wonderful dinner party in honor of my Mom's pending retirement, thrown by her friend Marion. It was great to meet so many of the people she works with and put faces to the names. Yesterday I spent the day grocery shopping, cleaning and refilling all of the necessary prescriptions for this week's chemo. I've got more fun planned for this week so that I don't have to think too much about what is waiting for me come Friday.
I've started the mental process of psyching myself up for chemo. Just when I reached a point that the very thought of that room doesn't make me sick, it's time to go again! But it's all down hill from here. After this one, there is only one left!
I've started the mental process of psyching myself up for chemo. Just when I reached a point that the very thought of that room doesn't make me sick, it's time to go again! But it's all down hill from here. After this one, there is only one left!

Comments