I Only Want What I Can't Have

Good visit this afternoon with the oncologist. My counts are low, but that's normal. I'm still really anemic, so I'll be getting Aranesp with my next two chemos. This should help with my energy level as well as those pesky blood counts. Other than the small fact that I'm bald, he thinks I look like a million bucks and definitely don't look like I should be one of his patients. He said I was his easiest patient of the day, but that was before I got to my list of questions. He nixed my craving for sushi, saying that even though the risk of infection is small, he'd rather I not chance it right now. I think I only want it so badly because I've been told I can't have it. I didn't even ask about a beer. He's going to take a look at my pathology report and email me with the answers to my questions about tumor size and staging. (And I think he's actually going to email me himself, he gave me his email address in case I have any other questions.) He also reduced the dosage of Decadron I will get at the next chemo. Decadron is a steroid that is supposed to prevent an allergic reaction and help with the nausea, but it also makes me jittery and hyper. Because I'm doing so well with the other anti-nausea drugs, he agreed to try a lower dose of Decadron. If it doesn't go well, we can always increase it again for the next chemo. I think that hits the high notes! Next chemo is Friday 5/18.

Comments

Popular Posts