Knock Out Breast Cancer

You know I'm always skeptical of pink items and pink events, but I think this event is actually pretty cool, even though it has actually nothing to do with breast cancer. Tomorrow night's "Bring On The Titans" prizefight between Felix “Tito” Trinidad and Roy Jones Jr. will benefit Susan G. Komen For The Cure, with each boxer donating $50,000 to the cause. There is also an auction for two ringside tickets and the winner's gloves with 85% of the winning bid going to Komen. I know this only generates good PR for Don King Productions and Komen, but it's really a cool way to reach out to some audiences that aren't the typical target of Komen's messaging. The fight is tomorrow night at 9pm on HBO Pay-per-view. I think I'll pass; the last pay-per-view fight I watched, Mike Tyson bit off part of Evander Holyfield's ear fairly early in the fight. Glad it wasn't my $49.95 wasted. I'd much rather torture myself by watching the UVA basketball team struggle against Boston College.

Comments

Popular Posts