Today's Post Is Brought To You By The Letters S, P & F
I've spent all summer slathering on SPF 50 sunscreen and sitting under umbrellas but somehow I managed to leave the house Saturday morning without even thinking about covering up. End result: I've got a horrible sunburn.
The noon football game on Saturday was the most uncomfortable I have been at a game in the 12+ years we've been going. I feel sorry for the players it was so hot. Not even the game against Texas during my second year when it poured buckets was more miserable. I was doing great, right up until the middle of the second quarter when I thought, "I'm going to throw up." I decided I should leave our seats then, rather than wait until I actually did get sick. And I was afraid I was going to pass out and fall down the stairs of the stadium, then everyone would think, "Oh, that poor girl had too much to drink before the game." Even though I didn't. So I made it down to the concession area, which was thankfully shaded, where Mom waited on a long line for the privilege of paying $3.50 for a cup of ice.
Thankfully, UVA won, but I had to take everyone's word for it because I was just too hot to even pay attention to the game. I now believe the doctor's when they say, "This will make you sensitive to sunlight." And I realize that I'm not superwoman yet and I still have to build back up to doing all of the things I did before. I'm still recovering from the exhaustion that this little outing caused and it makes me want to shake my fist and say, "Damn you, cancer!" But that takes too much energy, so I'll just go put some cream on my sunburn.
The noon football game on Saturday was the most uncomfortable I have been at a game in the 12+ years we've been going. I feel sorry for the players it was so hot. Not even the game against Texas during my second year when it poured buckets was more miserable. I was doing great, right up until the middle of the second quarter when I thought, "I'm going to throw up." I decided I should leave our seats then, rather than wait until I actually did get sick. And I was afraid I was going to pass out and fall down the stairs of the stadium, then everyone would think, "Oh, that poor girl had too much to drink before the game." Even though I didn't. So I made it down to the concession area, which was thankfully shaded, where Mom waited on a long line for the privilege of paying $3.50 for a cup of ice.
Thankfully, UVA won, but I had to take everyone's word for it because I was just too hot to even pay attention to the game. I now believe the doctor's when they say, "This will make you sensitive to sunlight." And I realize that I'm not superwoman yet and I still have to build back up to doing all of the things I did before. I'm still recovering from the exhaustion that this little outing caused and it makes me want to shake my fist and say, "Damn you, cancer!" But that takes too much energy, so I'll just go put some cream on my sunburn.

Comments