A Bottle of Your Best, Please!

Tomorrow I celebrate my one year anniversary as a survivor. I don't have any big plans for the day, though after all of the excitement and running around this week, I might squeeze in a nap. (It was really dark and really cold at 4:30 this morning. I can't wait until I have a garage and don't have to scrape the ice off of my car anymore!) Right after I graduated from UVA, I bought a numbered bottle of fancy wine as part of a case with my coworkers. I don't know what I thought I was going to do with it, but I've carried it around from house to house ever since, saving it for a special occasion. I don't think it gets much more special than this; I beat cancer, I'm building my first house, I've got a great new job and things really seem to be going my way. I don't know what we'll have for dinner tomorrow night, but I know what we'll drink with it!

I know I've been reliving all of these cancer milestones in real-time detail, but the details of the "You have cancer" phone call will have to wait until next week. I'm too stinking happy to make myself relive it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'll drink to that! Cheers!!
Love, Suzan :)

Popular Posts