Survival of the Fittest

An older, generally cranky gentleman shared with me his theory on survival of the fittest earlier this week. I'm not really sure what got him started, or why he was telling me. Basically, diseases like the cancer, AIDS, even the flu are the universe's way of saying you are one of the weaker of the species. That we should stop trying to find cures for these diseases since that's how we weed out the gene pool and keep down the population. He did not know that I am a cancer survivor and it took all of my willpower not to tell him. I'm trying to distance myself from the "cancer girl" title, but then people go and say something stupid like this and I not only want them to know that I'm a survivor, but I also want to demonstrate my superior intellect and debating abilities until they beg for mercy.

Comments

Popular Posts