I'd Like To Thank The Academy...

In addition to the excitement I feel over reaching my one-year survivor mark, I'm also extremely grateful to everyone that has been there to support me, in ways both large and small, over the course of the past year. Last night's Oscars had me rewriting my mental acceptance speech. I'm sure if I ever did have the chance to thank everyone on national television, they'd be playing the music to get me off of the stage. There are so many people to thank, I could never list everyone by name, so please forgive me in advance as I'm sure to leave someone out.

To the Catoctin Crew, but especially Marion, Mary, Sharon and Priscilla. Thank you for the awesome basket of goodies, the cards and endless good wishes. I'm glad my mom has such good friends; thank you for taking care of her, too.

Everyone that participated on the Hoos For A Cure team in the Komen race. Thank you for walking beside me and helping to raise money for the cause. Mark your calendars for June 7 for this year's race. I'll be moving much faster this year!

My girls. Geo, Lor & Sto- no matter what, you guys never fail to make me laugh and sometimes laughter really is the best medicine. Marge, you make a mean chicken pot pie and are the only person I've ever eaten dinner in a grocery store with. Al, you did a better job of remembering all of my doctor's appointments than I did. Thanks for treating each one like the big deal it was to me.

I can't even begin to describe all of the things that my family did to get me through the past year. From picking me up out of the bottom of the shower and helping me dress myself to getting me Paul's doughnuts and Carl's frozen custard to boost my spirits. I love you.

And to you, my loyal readers. Thanks for going on this journey with me and cheering me on. Your comments have gotten me through some dark days.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Popular Posts