The Mystery of the Cupboard

Some of my favorite books from childhood involve magic cabinets, especially The Indian in the Cupboard and The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. So I was quite disappointed to discover last night that the apartment I'm moving out of after three years has magic cabinets. It really would have come in handy to have known this earlier. I got into a good packing groove and was able to completely empty some of the cabinets and a couple of drawers. But when I stopped to eat dinner and closed the empty cabinets, they somehow filled themselves with more stuff. It's like the glasses are reproducing. I was a little confused when packing the bar glasses that there were only three margarita, three martini and three champagne glasses and thought somewhere along the way some must have broken. But now I know that I must have started out with only two of each, and the magic cabinets caused them to multiply.

Comments

Popular Posts