What Looks Like Crazy On An Ordinary Day
You probably wouldn't be able to look at me and know that I am losing my mind. But I am. Slowly, but surely. I guess I'm working through the stages of grief because I'm now mixing straight up mad with my weepiness. Oh well, gotta keep things interesting.
I attended a support group for young survivors last night. It's the only one for miles around, so I decided to give it a shot. There were six women in the group, four of them (including me) were new. So we spent a lot of time talking about our diagnosis and treatment and not as much time as I would have liked talking about actual issues. I guess it was more of a get-to-know-you kind of thing. I'll probably try it again, but I didn't get as much out of it as I had hoped.
Now that I'm 1/3 of the way done with radiation, I am completely over it. Driving there every day, waiting, stripping, lying on the table, driving home is just not all that exciting. I can tell a little change in my skin, but nothing horrible so far. My main complaint is that I am constantly tired. I go to bed early, sleep hard until my alarm goes off, and don't wake up rested. It's all getting old.
I attended a support group for young survivors last night. It's the only one for miles around, so I decided to give it a shot. There were six women in the group, four of them (including me) were new. So we spent a lot of time talking about our diagnosis and treatment and not as much time as I would have liked talking about actual issues. I guess it was more of a get-to-know-you kind of thing. I'll probably try it again, but I didn't get as much out of it as I had hoped.
Now that I'm 1/3 of the way done with radiation, I am completely over it. Driving there every day, waiting, stripping, lying on the table, driving home is just not all that exciting. I can tell a little change in my skin, but nothing horrible so far. My main complaint is that I am constantly tired. I go to bed early, sleep hard until my alarm goes off, and don't wake up rested. It's all getting old.

Comments