You've Gotta Be Kidney Me

I've spent most of today being poked and prodded. I saw my doctor this morning and she thought that yes, I probably have a kidney stone. So she made an appointment for me to get a renal ultrasound. After three people poked me in the kidneys and bladder for the better part of an hour, they said my kidneys looked fine and that they couldn't see a kidney stone, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. Apparently they have to be of a certain size to be seen on the ultrasound but they can still hurt even if they can't be seen. So I'll just keep drinking lots of fluids and hope that it gets flushed out. And there's always Percocet.

After I had my ultrasound, I had my daily dose of radiation. I'm almost 1/5th of the way done with radiation! I had my weekly chest x-rays today, bringing my total to 16 in the past seven days. I now have the most well photographed lungs and ribs in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.

Comments

Popular Posts