2 Out of 3 Doctors Agree

I've now spoken to an actual doctor. The radiation oncologist called to say that she is very happy with the pathology from my surgery and doesn't feel further surgery is necessary. The area in question is on the skin side and apparently everything between the chest wall and the skin was removed during surgery, so there's nothing left to remove except skin. She had spoken with the surgeon and both feel we got a good result the first time. She has not yet spoken to my oncologist, the one with the original concern on the margins, which is why she hasn't called me back yet.

Tomorrow I'm getting my teeth cleaned. Apparently this is one of the many things you can't do during chemo. Since my 6 month check up is due right around the time chemo will start, I'm getting this out of the way now rather than waiting until chemo is over.

Hopefully I'll hear from the oncologist tomorrow and we can schedule chemo. I'm off for my post-dinner, pre-bed time nap.

Comments

Lorin Cassidy said…
Meepo! I bet you look smashing with your shiny white teeth! I just got back from Mexico- sorry I missed you all week. Had fun, some sun, and lots of site-seeing. I am happy to hear that you may not need more surgery. Let's get the show on the road with the chemo! Me and Geo are excited to see you in April. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Love you.

Lorin

Popular Posts