Can You Buy Wigs at Target?
We met with the oncologist this afternoon and got a lot of good information about the treatments that await me. She spent a lot of time with us, answering questions, examining me, and showing us around the office. Chemo is definitely in my future. At the very least I will have four courses of Adriamycin/Cytoxan (AC). If any of my lymph nodes come back positive, then we add another four courses of Taxol (T). I will also probably be given a drug called Tamoxifen after chemo and radiation. This would be something I take for the next 5 years.
I will lose my hair, but this will be the worst of it. Hopefully. I will feel some fatigue and will have a slightly higher risk of infection. Nausea and vomiting are potential side effects, but they have great drugs to combat this, so hopefully it won't be a problem.
I think now I've seen all of the doctors I need to see and I'm very happy with the team that I've assembled. Though I didn't set out with this as my goal, all of my doctors are women. The next step is surgery and hopefully that will take place in the next two weeks. Unless I have my surgery next week, I could potentially go a whole week without seeing a doctor!
I am off to get a good healthy haircut. I prefer to have shorter hair fall out than long hair. I don't plan on wearing a wig, so start preparing yourself! I'll just have to find a good baseball cap.
I will lose my hair, but this will be the worst of it. Hopefully. I will feel some fatigue and will have a slightly higher risk of infection. Nausea and vomiting are potential side effects, but they have great drugs to combat this, so hopefully it won't be a problem.
I think now I've seen all of the doctors I need to see and I'm very happy with the team that I've assembled. Though I didn't set out with this as my goal, all of my doctors are women. The next step is surgery and hopefully that will take place in the next two weeks. Unless I have my surgery next week, I could potentially go a whole week without seeing a doctor!
I am off to get a good healthy haircut. I prefer to have shorter hair fall out than long hair. I don't plan on wearing a wig, so start preparing yourself! I'll just have to find a good baseball cap.

Comments
You are strong and smart enough to get through this.
I have several Virginia Tech hats I will lend you.
Have no fear of your bald head. I am sure Granddaddy can give you several good tips on how to make do with little to no hair!