Good News! Good News!

Please read the above title in your best Roscoe P. Coltrane (Dukes of Hazzard) voice.

I spoke to my surgeon who had received the preliminary pathology report from my surgery. The margins were clear, which means they got all of the cancer. Of the 6 lymph nodes that she removed, NONE were positive. The tumor was 1.8 centimeters. This means I am stage I.

I go to the office for follow-up to my surgery tomorrow and to see how everything is healing. Hopefully she'll have the final report by then and they won't have changed their minds on anything!

I'm feeling much better today. Each day I can move more than I could the day before and things hurt much less. Soon I hope to be asking "Surgery, what surgery?"

Comments

Anonymous said…
Praise God, Melissa! :)
Streamers and balloons!!!
Goodbye to Merle (that bastard!!)!
We continue to pray for your recovery and more good news with each visit to your doctor. This is just wonderful news for you and for your family. Thank you for sharing!!
:) Suzan
Anonymous said…
When Danny gave me the news last night Nancy and I just looked at each other and exhaled. This was the news we were hoping for!
Anonymous said…
Oh what fantastic news Melissa! Hopefully there is more to come!

: ) Loren

Popular Posts