Follow The Yellow Bruise Road
I met this morning with the surgeon for a quick follow up. She took a look at her handiwork and seemed pleased with things. There is still some swelling and lots of bruising, but that should all continue to improve. She said the loss of sensation under my right arm is normal following the removal of lymph nodes and it should slowly return. I will see her again in 4 weeks.
The final pathology report was not back this morning, but she doesn't expect anything to change. The only possible change would be if any microscopic cancer cells are found in the lymph nodes using special dyes and stains. Since they weren't found on the first pass, she was optimistic that they wouldn't appear during this final test. The copy of the report that I was given is 2 pages long and I only understand about every eighth word.
I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon with the oncologist. Now that we have the preliminary pathology report, hopefully she'll be able to tell me when I start chemo. The sooner I start, the sooner I finish!
The final pathology report was not back this morning, but she doesn't expect anything to change. The only possible change would be if any microscopic cancer cells are found in the lymph nodes using special dyes and stains. Since they weren't found on the first pass, she was optimistic that they wouldn't appear during this final test. The copy of the report that I was given is 2 pages long and I only understand about every eighth word.
I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon with the oncologist. Now that we have the preliminary pathology report, hopefully she'll be able to tell me when I start chemo. The sooner I start, the sooner I finish!

Comments