Not For The Faint of Heart
Last evening was full of excitement. Not necessarily the fun kind of exciting, but I like to keep things interesting. Mom and I removed all of my bandages and got a good look at the aftermath. My bruises have bruises. This is made more visually interesting by the blue dye that was injected for the sentinel node biopsy; in the areas where this has come through to the skin, it is the color of mold growing on bread. I was a little drugged when we took the bandages off and was concerned that I might be molding until Mom reminded me about the dye.
After resting for a minute after all of that fun, I decided I was ready for a shower. Thankfully, Mom & Dad have a walk-in stall, so I didn't have to climb in. After a few minutes in the shower, I knew I had reached my limit. I grabbed a towel and started to dry off, but felt like I was going to be sick, so I sat down on the bench. It's a good thing Mom was close by, because instead of vomiting, I passed out. Since I was already sitting, I just sort of slid off of the seat into the floor, but it was scary nonetheless. It took a few minutes before I was able to crawl out of the shower and several more before I could get dressed.
Fortunately, things picked up after that. I stopped taking the vicodin and switched to advil, so this has helped tremendously with my ability to think clearly. We had a great pork bbq dinner from Shaffer's, which was a nice treat. My right arm is regaining some motion, but my left arm is still dragging. I managed to put toothpaste on my own toothbrush this morning, so we're definitely headed in the right direction. I won't be back to kickboxing as soon as I thought, but I'll get there.
Thanks for all of the calls to check on me. There are probably more naps in store for me today, so I probably won't be talking on the phone too much today, either. I promise I'll resurface sometime and talk to you personally. Thanks for understanding!
After resting for a minute after all of that fun, I decided I was ready for a shower. Thankfully, Mom & Dad have a walk-in stall, so I didn't have to climb in. After a few minutes in the shower, I knew I had reached my limit. I grabbed a towel and started to dry off, but felt like I was going to be sick, so I sat down on the bench. It's a good thing Mom was close by, because instead of vomiting, I passed out. Since I was already sitting, I just sort of slid off of the seat into the floor, but it was scary nonetheless. It took a few minutes before I was able to crawl out of the shower and several more before I could get dressed.
Fortunately, things picked up after that. I stopped taking the vicodin and switched to advil, so this has helped tremendously with my ability to think clearly. We had a great pork bbq dinner from Shaffer's, which was a nice treat. My right arm is regaining some motion, but my left arm is still dragging. I managed to put toothpaste on my own toothbrush this morning, so we're definitely headed in the right direction. I won't be back to kickboxing as soon as I thought, but I'll get there.
Thanks for all of the calls to check on me. There are probably more naps in store for me today, so I probably won't be talking on the phone too much today, either. I promise I'll resurface sometime and talk to you personally. Thanks for understanding!

Comments
Know that I am thinking of you and praying for a strong and healthy recovery.
Love & Hugs! Anissa
I am sending you positive thoughts for a quick recovery from surgery.
It must be hard to be in so much pain and so dependent for help, you are handling it like a trooper. I an quite sure you would do the same thing for your mom in a heartbeat though, so look at it that way.
That fainting in the shower sounds scary. You would not make a good drug addict I guess.
Hang in there! Loren
Robin
-Greg