I'm Not As Good As I Once Was
I thought I was ready to go back to kickboxing. And 3/4 of me was. But my right arm and breast were a little less than excited once we got there. Who knew that a swollen armpit would interfere with your ability to jump rope, throw a punch and do push-ups? My reach wasn't all that great, either. I guess I haven't come as far as I thought. An hour work-out wiped me out. I'll go back again because I think I need to push myself a little to build my strength back up, but it takes a lot more out of me than it used to!

Comments
You and I have never met, but we have a former boss in common, and I was introduced to your blog by some mutual friends/acquaitances. Your story touches a chord with me as my aunt is a 15+ year survivor of breast cancer. I have been constantly amazed at how positive and motivated you have remained throughout, so I held off writing until now. I knew a day might come when it was a little more difficult to keep pushing forward, so after reading your post this evening I feel like it's my time to speak up. Don't give up! There are so many folks out here, and some of us you may never even know about, praying for you, pulling for you and hoping that every day you are one step closer to being free of this awful disease. Kickboxing was a challenge today, but give it another day or two, or even another week, and in time it won't feel like a challenge anymore. HANG IN THERE! Your sense of humor and perspective through your experience is an inspiration to me and to others as well, I'm sure!
God Bless,
Leann
This morning on the way to school, my son said, "Mom, I know a cure for Melissa Northern. There is this race, and if you run it for a few days, it makes cancer go away." And of course, my first inclination was to say..."No, No, No, that's not how it works." But Melissa, then the figurative perspective occurred to me. You ARE running the race, and you are displaying endurance and the guts that many don't have when they grow tired. And you will finish this race and you will absolutely WIN IT.
And we are all standing on the sidelines waving banners and cheering for you!!! And we will all share in the joy of your victory.
Have a wonderful day and look forward to the finish!
Suzan