Go to Your Happy Place
I'm fortunate that one of my happy places is just a quick road trip away. Tomorrow afternoon I will head to Charlottesville and get to spend some quality time in my happy place. My friend and first year college roommate Elizabeth is having a birthday party and I can't wait to see her and lots of other 'Hoos. I hope to get in a walk on the Lawn, if the weather cooperates, and I'll be stopping by the bookstore to pick up a UVA hat to wear once my hair leaves for vacation. Mostly, I'm just looking forward to doing the things that I would normally do and trying to pretend for a few short hours that I don't have cancer.
Before I leave tomorrow morning, however, I do have to go wig shopping. I'm still undecided on the whole wig thing, but they say to go shopping while you still have your hair so you can match it if you want. I'm not sure that I'll wear the wig on anything other than special occasions, but it might be nice to have. Or I might take this opportunity to be a red-head, have long, flowing locks, or do something I'd never be willing to try with my own hair. I guess we'll just have to see what happens.
So I'll be taking the weekend off from posting while I visit my happy place. Have a great weekend!
Before I leave tomorrow morning, however, I do have to go wig shopping. I'm still undecided on the whole wig thing, but they say to go shopping while you still have your hair so you can match it if you want. I'm not sure that I'll wear the wig on anything other than special occasions, but it might be nice to have. Or I might take this opportunity to be a red-head, have long, flowing locks, or do something I'd never be willing to try with my own hair. I guess we'll just have to see what happens.
So I'll be taking the weekend off from posting while I visit my happy place. Have a great weekend!

Comments