Coming Apart at the Seams

Don't worry, I'm not losing it. I've just noticed that in the scar area from two of my incisions, the stitches that were done under the skin and supposed to dissolve are actually poking through the skin. Yesterday I was picking at the smallest of my incisions, which really just looks like a pimple at this point, and noticed that the scab would not come off. Somehow I managed to stop picking at it until I got home and looked in the mirror and discovered it was string! I gave it a gentle tug to see if it would come out, but it seemed happy there, so I decided to leave it alone. Then I noticed this morning a much smaller end sticking out of one of my other incisions. I see both the surgeon and the oncologist this week, so one of them should be able to do something about it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ok, so Fredericksburg's first annual 'Crawl for the Cure' is set for Saturday, May 19th, the weekend before Memorial Day weekend. Those who know me can probably guess what this is...it's a bar crawl in downtown Fredericksburg with all proceeds (read: cover charges to get into the fine establishments) going to the Susan B. Komen Foundation, via Melissa's Race for the Cure team. Get it? Instead of Race for the Cure, it's Crawl for the Cure?! :) There are a few details to hammer out, and I'll communicate all of that later, but if you are interested in joining us, May 19th is the day/evening! Love you, Melissa! I'll give you a call soon or just give me a call when you feel up to it! You are TRULY an inspiration!

Popular Posts