Look Good... Feel Better
I'm actually beginning to feel human again this morning. It might have something to do with the almost 12 hours of sleep I had last night, but I didn't wake up exhausted this morning like I had every other morning since chemo. And I might even be a little bit hungry. I know these seem small things to be excited over, but believe me, it's definitely cause for celebration (a very quiet, low key celebration).
I decided last night I would make myself feel better today by dressing up more than normal this morning since this trick used to always work when I was in high school and college. I even shaved my legs, which was a big step. I'm going to have to say that zits are a side effect of chemo, because I usually have pretty good skin but it's gone to hell in the past week. I can also tell my hair is starting to change, even if it isn't yet coming out in clumps. But I made an effort, so I feel good about the world.
I signed up to go to a class next Tuesday called "Look Good...Feel Better." My motives were very shallow. I heard they give you free makeup. That might just be a rumor they use to get you there. It's sponsored by the American Cancer Society and they teach you how to deal with the self image issues caused by cancer and treatment. I'm really just hoping someone can teach me how to draw in a realistic looking eyebrow.
I decided last night I would make myself feel better today by dressing up more than normal this morning since this trick used to always work when I was in high school and college. I even shaved my legs, which was a big step. I'm going to have to say that zits are a side effect of chemo, because I usually have pretty good skin but it's gone to hell in the past week. I can also tell my hair is starting to change, even if it isn't yet coming out in clumps. But I made an effort, so I feel good about the world.
I signed up to go to a class next Tuesday called "Look Good...Feel Better." My motives were very shallow. I heard they give you free makeup. That might just be a rumor they use to get you there. It's sponsored by the American Cancer Society and they teach you how to deal with the self image issues caused by cancer and treatment. I'm really just hoping someone can teach me how to draw in a realistic looking eyebrow.

Comments
Congrats on making it through the first chemo! I knew you'd 'stick the landing'!! Sounds like you need a break from work. What a pain to have to still go in- can't they let you telecommute? As for the eyebrows, I can come up with some designs- kinda like Sto's tattoo, and we'll draw em on when we see you! You might look great with huge caterpillars- who knows?!
Keep on truckin. Love, Lorin
And a HAPPY HAPPY EASTER to you and your family.