Je Suis Fatigue
That means "I'm tired." But not sleepy. There is no drowsiness. It's just draining to move from one place to the next. I'm trying to make today last a little longer than yesterday so I can build up my stamina.
I also think maybe I need to eat a little bit more. I've lost 3.8 pounds since chemo on Thursday. That's probably not so good. So I'll be eating full fat versions of things for a while, which is different since I spent the past year trying to lose weight. This isn't how I want it to come off. I don't really want to look like a cancer patient. Though the baldness might give that away.
This week's lesson is that life doesn't stop throwing you curve balls just because you're dealing with a little thing like cancer. Bills still come in the mail, rocks still hit your windshield, and people say mean things that hurt your feelings. I guess I thought I would get a temporary vacation from dealing with normal crap, but that's just not how it works. But I did get a little perspective. It's just money, windows can be fixed and I don't have to put up with other people's issues. In the grand scheme of things, it's just not important.
I am important and right now, I am my top priority.
I also think maybe I need to eat a little bit more. I've lost 3.8 pounds since chemo on Thursday. That's probably not so good. So I'll be eating full fat versions of things for a while, which is different since I spent the past year trying to lose weight. This isn't how I want it to come off. I don't really want to look like a cancer patient. Though the baldness might give that away.
This week's lesson is that life doesn't stop throwing you curve balls just because you're dealing with a little thing like cancer. Bills still come in the mail, rocks still hit your windshield, and people say mean things that hurt your feelings. I guess I thought I would get a temporary vacation from dealing with normal crap, but that's just not how it works. But I did get a little perspective. It's just money, windows can be fixed and I don't have to put up with other people's issues. In the grand scheme of things, it's just not important.
I am important and right now, I am my top priority.

Comments