My Chemical Romance
Today was date #2 with AC. Overall, it's a rather abusive relationship that I can't wait to get out of. My concerns about the new practice and impact on my routine were all relieved when we got there. Though not as plush, the area where I got chemo was very nice. I was in the stem cell transplant area of the office and for the most part, had it all to myself. A couple of stem cell patients came in for blood work, but weren't there very long. I will have my remaining treatments there as well because the nurses really liked me and want to keep me.
When we arrived, the nurse told me that my neutrophils were still low on Tuesday when I was in the office, so they had to check my counts to make sure I could get chemo. I doubled from .7 on Tuesday to 1.4 today, so was able to get chemo. Had that number still been below 1, they probably would have made me wait. I got a headache, as expected, with the Cytoxan. Tylenol got rid of it pretty quickly. I think next time I will take the Tylenol as soon as that drug starts, rather than waiting for the headache. I had two popsicles during the Adriamycin. I'm now wearing a large part of the second one because it melted faster than I could eat it. I took a Compazine as soon as we left the office in the hopes of heading the nausea off at the pass. Last time I waited too late to start taking it and I think that played a part in why I was so sick Friday night. For now, I feel pretty good, just a little tired, so I think a nap is in order.
When we arrived, the nurse told me that my neutrophils were still low on Tuesday when I was in the office, so they had to check my counts to make sure I could get chemo. I doubled from .7 on Tuesday to 1.4 today, so was able to get chemo. Had that number still been below 1, they probably would have made me wait. I got a headache, as expected, with the Cytoxan. Tylenol got rid of it pretty quickly. I think next time I will take the Tylenol as soon as that drug starts, rather than waiting for the headache. I had two popsicles during the Adriamycin. I'm now wearing a large part of the second one because it melted faster than I could eat it. I took a Compazine as soon as we left the office in the hopes of heading the nausea off at the pass. Last time I waited too late to start taking it and I think that played a part in why I was so sick Friday night. For now, I feel pretty good, just a little tired, so I think a nap is in order.

Comments