Don't Cha Wish Your Girlfriend Was Hot Like Me?

Now that I have seen the women that "sing" that song, I can honestly say I have no desire to be hot like that. Margaret and I missed the first opening act, Danity Kane, opting instead for a drink before the show. I think that was definitely the right call. Perhaps we should have had two.

We arrived just in time to see the Pussy Cat Dolls take the stage. There are six women in this group and I believe their talent was less vocal and more visual. They were certainly flexible! I was scandalized by the time their set was over. It almost makes me sad I wasted "Dirrty" on yesterday's title, because that would be very appropriate to describe it!

Thankfully, they only know three or four songs, so we didn't have to put up with them for too long. Christina took the stage about 9:30 and belted 'em out for the next 90 minutes. That girl can sing! Though I wasn't familiar with most of her music, I realized I had heard a lot of it before. I believe she changed costumes 10 or 11 times and the set was always changing. She puts on a great show.

Because this was a "work" event for me, I was dressed in a suit. I quickly realized on my Metro ride over how overdressed I was. I had probably 15 years on the average attendee. We had great seats, one or two sections away from the stage and five rows off of the floor. Again, a special thanks to Terrie at Lifetime. This was definitely the distraction I needed. Now if I can just find a way to occupy myself tonight, I think I'll be all set.

Margaret, feel free to add if I've missed anything!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Melissa! Your forgot to mention the most entertaining part of the evening -- the two guys in the row in front of us who knew every word to every song and had apparently choreographed a whole routine -- luckily for them (not so lucky for us) there were several open seats around them so they were able to use the entire space for their routine. I couldn't decide if it was funny good or funny bad but I couldn't stop laughing!! Very fun night!
Margaret
Anonymous said…
I'm glad you had a good time. It reminded me of the time I took Ann to see the Spice Girls in San Francisco. Now that was show!!! It was so much better than the Vanilla Ice show I took Duke to see.
Melissa said…
Linwood-
I'm sure Duke appreciates you putting it out there on the Internet for the whole world to see that he went to a Vanilla Ice concert!
Anonymous said…
I was the one that went unwillingly. Duke and his friends wanted to go. I think I was the only one in the Civic Center that wasn't dancing and screaming "Ice Ice Baby".

Popular Posts